New House Painting Specialists
At Godden painting we prepare and paint new homes on a regular basis, From small investment homes to large mansions and apartment blocks. We take great pride in our finished product. Our process involves a 3 coat system at the minimum, with premium quality products. After every new house is completed there is always defects to be rectified before house is handed over, I believe in doing the extra preperation before and during painting we have a much better finish on completion of job with minimal touch ups.
- Tiled areas, kitchen cupboards and windows are taped up with plastic sheets.
- All new surfaces are prepared, puttied and gapped.
- Doors are taken off and sealed top and bottom
- Then all new surfaces are sealed with a water based sealer undercoat, Sprayed with airless spraygun and back rolled.
- After its sealed, all surfaces are sanded smooth.
- All walls and ceilings are marked for defects and then patched with plaster (plasterers pre paint) and sanded.
- All doors and architraves are filled with timber filler And sanded
- Patches are then touched up with sealer undercoat.
- Second coat is then applied to walls using interior low sheen, wood work using acrylic or oil based gloss, and cielings in flat, sprayed with airless and back rolled.
- all surfaces are sanded again
- Cielings will recieve final coat of cieling flat (wet area ceilings are finished in a washable matt finish to prevent moisture penetrating gyprock). Sprayed and back rolled.
- One more coat of gloss is applied to wood work and doors are re hung.
- Walls recieve one final check for imperfections, then touched up and final coat of interior low sheen is applied with a Brush and roller.
- Plastic sheets removed and house is swept clean.
This is the process for a standard house, Process sometimes has to change depending on job. The airless spray gun is a great way to ensure an even and thick coat every time.
We also do paint the old fashioned way!
- windows, concrete and other surfaces are covered with plastic and drop sheets.
- Render is sanded to remove imperfections.
- 1 coat of render prime is applied by brush and roller.
- window frames and expansion joins are sealed with flexible sealant.
- 1 coat of membrane or texture paint is applied with brush and roller.
- Final coat of membrane is applied.
Weather boards , Cladding or cement sheeting
- All cracks are sealed with a flexible sealant, and nail holes puttied.
- All areas recieve 3 coats of exterior paint, Sprayed or brush and roller.
- Timber is sanded and washed off with deck reviver.
- one coat of sealer is applied.
- the area is then sanded and puttied if requied.
- 2 coats of finish coat is applied.
Other new work involved
- Steel finish/ rust provention.
- Concrete sealing.
- Pavement painting.
- Garage floor 2 pac finishes.
- Timber bench top 2 pac finishes.
- Internal timber stairs and flooring.
- And much more
- Nutech paints, Supplied by Gold coast paint supplies 4/15 O’shea dr Nerang.
- Dulux paints, Supplied by Inspirations paint and colour Nerang and Oxenford stores.
- Solver paints, supplied by Solver Helensvale store.
- Bristol paints, supplied by Nerang store.